If you are in a hurry and just want to find out what the Best Camera For YouTube is, then I’d recommend the Canon EOS Rebel T6i Digital SLR as the best one.
Cameras come in various specs and make. All for different purposes. Thus getting the right camera for the right kind of event (or purpose), would go a long way in enhancing the quality and the meaning (or the message) of the picture.
The truth is this, you can only get quality photos from a quality camera. And you would need the best camera for YouTube if you want picture clarity and quality.
Making short clips for YouTube means you have to get the best equipment to achieve success in your vlogging career. And since you’re going to be shooting videos, then you would need to get cameras with good audio features as well.
Things You Should Bear In Mind Before Getting This Camera
Before you get a product, you have to make a personal evaluation of the things you want the item to be able to do. You would also consider your budget and how much you can spend.
So I’ll be sharing some things you will need to consider before you go out shopping for a YouTube camera
If you are not so big on shopping, you should know that you need a reasonable budget for an ideal Youtube camera. Usually, the prices of camera differ depending on the kind of camera you want to get. Thus you would have to narrow down your options. From regular to professional grade camera, choosing the camera that can fit into your budget.
Budgeting is the best way to get your priorities straight. You could, thus, set your preference, with a camera ranging as first, (depending on the gravity of your need of course). With a budget, you can know how your money is spent, and where the bulk of it goes to. So you can cut down to add up to your camera expenses.
2. Also, consider the kind of video you’ll be shooting
The types of video you’ll be shooting will affect your judgment, in getting the right kind of camera. There are a variety of cameras that have good resolution and video quality. But you will need a camera that is both good and affordable (a DSLR is a good option).
For instance, if you’re shooting a skit outside, the best kind of camera is the one that has quality lighting. These kinds of camera are right for shooting sports clips, or wedding videography. A smartphone camera is not always a bad idea. But if you want to use a smartphone camera, ensure its megapixel and video quality are top notch. You will want to bear this in mind when you also want to shop for smartphones as well.
3. Wi-Fi Connectivity
The Wi-Fi feature is one essential thing to consider when you want to get a camera. Getting a camera with Wi-Fi feature makes the work easy. With this feature, you can connect to the internet, and your smartphones, so that you can transfer your files.
4. Audio quality
Another thing to will want to look into is the audio quality of the camera. When you’re vlogging on YouTube, you want to produce a clear sound so people can hear what you are saying. Sometimes, getting an external mic might be the only way to ramp-up sound quality. You would also want to get other audio accessories if you want the audio quality to be professional.
Cameras like the DSLR, have a suitable microphone that can pick sounds well. But for the action camera, you’ll need an external microphone because they have terrible camera audio features.
5. Other things to consider
Manually focusing on a shot while shooting can be burdensome. You’ll need a camera with an autofocus feature so your video quality will be clear.
- A flip out screen
Although not so important, but a flip out screen can come in handy for shooting a video. When you’re trying to film yourself, it is better that you keep the camera away from yourself. And you can still see what you’re doing by flipping the screen to face you.
Some Kinds Of Cameras That Are Perfect For YouTube
1. Mirrorless Camera
This camera is the rival to the DSLR camera (that we will consider next). And has most of the qualities you’ll need for shooting your video. They are versatile about quality and features, making it a good option for you.
2. The DSLR Camera
This camera is one of the most used cameras in the market, because of its versatility and its application. The applications of this camera are usually limitless (camera-wise). And has been recommended by many users. The camera is affordable and can be gotten at a cheap rate; meaning it can suit your budget.
These kinds of cameras are good for shooting home skits, and other types of indoor shooting.
Action and Sport Camera
These kinds of camera are perfect for shooting sports clips from a first-person angle. This camera is the alternative to the mirrorless and DSLR cameras, as is it perfect for action films.
4. Mini-video cameras
You can also call this camera a pocket-camera, or a small camera (whatever you want to call it). This camera is perfect for shooting kid videos and concerts.
6. Smartphones cameras
Smartphone cameras are perfect for shooting short video clips. If you have a good phone, with a good camera, then you can shoot concise and clear videos, with quality sound, that you can use for your vlogging.
7. Point-and-shoot cameras
This camera is yet another camera that provides you with versatility in both quality and application. They are great for traveling purpose; they fit into your pocket. Thus, you don’t have to lug it around, like you would, a DSLR camera.
Best Camera For YouTube Reviews
- 24.2 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, ISO 100-12800 (expandable to H: 25600)
- EOS Full HD Movie mode helps capture brilliant results in MP4 format
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture fast action.
- 19-point all cross-type AF system allows superb autofocus performance and aspect ratio is 3:2 (horizontal : vertical)
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
For those who like to post pictures and videos immediately you take them, then this camera is perfect for you. Thanks to its Wi-Fi feature, this camera allows its users to be able to send and collect files from the internet and other sources with absolute ease.
It 24.2MP CMOS sensors lets you take gorgeous photos and videos. Its good light metering system means you get a well-exposed video. It automatically adjusts to the scene for optimal results, and the lighting doesn’t matter.
Its wireless connectivity also allows you to connect to printers, smartphones, and even PCs, with great ease. All thanks to the NFC2 and the Wi-Fi1 feature.
|It shoots very clear HD films for your YouTube channel||The focusing is slow when shooting on HD|
|The Hybrid CMOS autofocus gives this camera an accurate focus while shooting|
|It has a touchscreen you can view your work with|
- 242 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor Multimedia cards (MMC) cannot be used
- Built-in Wi-Fi*, NFC** and Bluetooth***
- High-Speed continuous shooting at up to 60 fps
- Color Filter System:RGB primary color filtersColor Filter System:RGB primary color filters.Pixels:Approx. 1.04 million dots
- Metering range:EV 1-20 (room temperature, ISO 100, evaluative metering)
The REBEL T7i is a camera that lets you capture precious and unforgettable memories. without lagging in time, from what you see to what you capture, as soon as you press that shutter.
It also has a phase-detection feature. That lets you lock focus on what you’re filming or shooting so that you don’t end up losing a good shot.
The ISO (which is up to 25600) lets you can capture both photos and videos even in low light, and still not get a blur.
The inbuilt wireless connectivity (such as the Bluetooth4, Wi-Fi2 and the NFC3) allows you to share pictures and videos with so much ease.
|It dual Pixel autofocus lets you take clear photos||This camera is kind of large to carry|
|It has a DIGIC 7 image processor that also gives you a clear picture|
|Its wireless connectivity lets you post and share your videos on online social platforms|
- Advanced 24.2MP BSI Full frame Image Sensor w/ 1.8X readout speed Advanced 24.2MP Back Illuminated 35 millimeter Full frame Image Sensor Sony test conditions. Compare to the 7 II
- 15 stop dynamic range, 14 bit uncompressed RAW, ISO 50 to 204,800. Compatible with Sony E mount lenses. Can be connected via Bluetooth with smartphones featuring (as of the date of release)- Android (Android 5.0 or later, Bluetooth 4.0 or later), iOS (Bluetooth 4.0 or later)
- Up to 10fps Silent or Mechanical Shutter with AE/AF tracking. Battery Life (Still Images): Approx. 610 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 710 shots (LCD monitor), Battery Life (Movie, continuous recording): Approx. 200 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 210 min (LCD monitor)
- 693 phase detection / 425 contrast AF points w/ 93 percent image coverage. Focus Sensor: Exmor R CMOS sensor
- In the box: Rechargeable Battery (NP FZ100), AC Adapter (AC UUD12), Shoulder strap, Body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup, Micro USB cable.Metering Type:1200 zone evaluative metering
This Sony camera is another camera you might want to consider when finding a good camera for YouTube. It has an excellent capture control, and the quality of photos it produces are something to marvel at.
It 24.2 Megapixel feature allows it to take clear and quality images. Its BSI image processing feature also does a lot in making the picture come out clear.
It has a hybrid autofocus feature. And can then take quick and wide photos. With no difference from what you see to what you capture when you press the shutter.
|It has a 5-steps in-body photo stabilization||It does not have any wireless feature that connects it to other devices|
|It comes with two SD card slot, so you can save as many videos as you want|
|It has a long lasting battery|
- Professional photo & video: 20. 3 Megapixel micro Four thirds sensor with no low pass filter to capture sharp images with a high dynamic range and artifact free performance
- Splash/Freeze Proof Design: Freeze proof to 10 degrees the durable magnesium alloy body withstands heavy use in the field; Splash/dust proof construction with weather sealing on every Joint, dial and button
- Dual image stabilization: 5 axis dual image stabilization corrects all lenses, including classic lenses not equipped with O. I. S, to eliminate Blur and nearly eliminate body and lens shake in both photo and 4K video recording
- 4K video capture: records silky smooth 4K 60P/50P (QFHD 4K: 3840 x 2160/ MOV or MP4) video with internal 4: 2: 2 10 bit 4K video recording, Plus exclusive 6K photo and 4K post focus records photos up to 60Fps
- Connectivity & Ports: 3.5 millimeter audio port, connect to devices with USB 3. 0, an external monitor or external Recorder with a Full size HDMI port; available Twin SD card slots (UHS II U3 compatible)
The Panasonic camera is a mirrorless camera. And an excellent recommendation for those who want to shoot videos for their YouTube channel.
With an interchangeable camera lens, you can fit in the kind of lens you want into this camera that can give you a quality photo.
It comes with ports for both headphones and USBs so that you can listen to your video while shooting. As well as transfer your files to a computer at ease.
This camera comes with other accessories such as; the USB connection cable, a shoulder strap, an AC cable and an owner’s manual (amongst other things).
|Its 20.3MP gives you a clear picture||Its cost is on the high side|
|It comes with many accessories for your benefit||It does not have any wireless connection|
|A dual SD card slot|
- 20.2 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5+
- 19 point cross-type AF System
- Up to 7 fps shooting
- ISO 100-12800, expandable to 25600
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for fast focus in live view and video
This camera is a standard camera with a standard lens. And a Digic 5+ image processor, that ensures that the resolution of the image is high. It also has a top-notch low-light sensitivity, allowing you to shoot your videos in dark spaces.
Since the processor and the sensor in the camera work together, you get a well-detailed and clear photo. That shows natural tone and color gradation of the video, without having so much noise on your video.
The 3” touchscreen, allows you to see your work and make corrections on the video, as soon as you see the problem. The autofocus also helps to clear out the blurriness video while filming.
|It has a Dual Pixel CMOS autofocus||This product can’t ship out to some countries|
|It comes with a DIGIC 5+ image processor that clears image up fast|
|It has several scenes and imaging features that you can choose from|
YouTube today is a lucrative venture. And you can make a lot from it, but that won’t be possible with low-grade equipment and picture quality.
It, thus, means that to make it in the YouTube world, not only your content has to be good, your audio and video quality too has to be worth commenting.
The Canon EOS Rebel T6i Digital SLR is the best camera in our list. For the simple reason that it has one of the best autofocus features. Its shutters are fast, so you don’t miss a great photo. It images processing is top notch. And it has a very high Megapixel, that gives you a clear photo, each time to take a picture.
With its enabled Wi-Fi, you can also send pictures online and to other devices.
Did you like “What’s The Best Camera For YouTube?”? We would greatly appreciate if you share it on your favorite social media channel.
Last update on 2020-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API